Today we are taking the fear out of 60-degree triangles and diamonds with Medallion Star, a Quilt Addicts Anonymous pattern that is assembled with NO Y-Seams!
Medallion Star is a great way to show off all the fabrics in a line you love or as a way to use up some of your stash. The pattern is fast and easy to assemble, with the dramatic look coming from how you use color to make the star change in hue as it expands out.
The pattern uses 17 fabrics, and features full-color instructions with a numbered assembly diagram so you won’t have any trouble knowing where to put your fabrics to create this fun design.
The quilt is assembled on the diagonal with NO Y-seams, so you can easily get this top together in a weekend. The only special tool needed is a 60 degree ruler with all three points, like the Clearview Triangle.
Finished size: 62-inches by 72-inches
Supplies we used:
- Medallion Star Pattern: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/medallion-star-pattern/
- Medallion Star Quilt Kit – Majestic Batiks Colorway: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/medallion-star-quilt-kit-majestic-batiks-version/
- Medallion Star Fabric Placement Chart: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/medallion-star-pattern-fabric-placement-chart/
- Clearview Triangle Ruler: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/clearview-triangle-8/
- Flat Flower Pins: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/flat-flower-pins-pink-2/
- Fixion Gel Pen: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/frixion-gel-pen-pink/
- Cutting Mat Quilter’s Cut n’ Press: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/cutting-mat-quilters-cut-n-press-i-teal-11in-x-11in/
- Olfa Deluxe 45MM Ergo Rotary Cutter: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/deluxe-45mm-ergo-rotary-cutter/