For the fifth Make of Christmas we are sewing up Snowflake Mug Rugs!
This fast and fun project uses up five-inch squares. Just four 5-inch squares plus some white fabric will make one mug rug, and you can get a set of 10 from one charm pack!
This project is made super fast by some quick piecing techniques that I demonstrate in the video, and the best part … we’re giving you the pattern for this tutorial for FREE as a digital download on our website.
You can make one mug rug in about an hour, including the quilting and binding. But if you make them in assembly line fashion, you can make all 10 in six to eight hours including the quilting and binding. Now that is a fast, fun holiday make!
I used a charm pack from Arctic by Elizabeth Hartman for Robert Kaufmann Fabrics and we still have a bunch left. You can get your own and whip these up for your holiday celebrations this winter!
1 hour for 1 mug rug, 6-8 hours for 10 mug rugs if you piece them in assembly line fashion
Supplies I used:
– FREE Snowflake Mug Rug pattern: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/snowflake-mug-rug-pdf-download/
– One Charm Pack: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/fabric/pre-cuts-and-bundles/charm-packs/?orderby=date – I used Arctic by Elizabeth Hartman for Robert Kaufman: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/arctic-charm-squares-by-elizabeth-hartman-for-robert-kaufman-fabrics/
– 1 3/4 yards white fabric for the top, binding and backing for a set of 10: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/arctic-white-free-spirit-designer-essential-solids/
– Scrap batting
– Thread for piecing and quilting: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/notions/thread/
– Spray Starch alternative: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/notions/spray-starch/
– Flat Flower Pins: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/flat-flower-pins-pink-2/
– Sewing Machine
– Frixion Gel Pens: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-tag/frixion/