For the eighth Make of Christmas we are sewing up Snowflake Mug Rugs! This replay was one of our subscribers favorites last year because it is fast and fun and is the perfect way to use a charm pack. Just four, 5-inch squares plus some white fabric will make one mug rug, and you can get a set of 10 from one charm pack!
This project is made super fast by some quick piecing techniques that I demonstrate in the video, and the best part … we’re giving you the pattern for this tutorial for FREE as a digital download on our website.
You can make one mug rug in about an hour, including the quilting and binding. But if you make them in assembly line fashion, you can make all ten in six to eight hours including the quilting and binding. Now that is a fast, fun holiday make!
Supplies I used:
– FREE Snowflake Mug Rug pattern: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/snowflake-mug-rug-pdf-download/
– One Charm Pack: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/fabric/pre-cuts-and-bundles/charm-packs/?orderby=date
– 1 3/4 yards white fabric for the top, binding and backing for a set of 10: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/snow-pure-elements-pe-433-by-art-gallery-fabrics/
– Scrap batting
– Thread for piecing and quilting: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/notions/thread/?orderby=popularity
– Flat Flower Pins: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/flat-flower-pins-pink-2/
– Sewing Machine
– Frixion Gel Pens: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-tag/frixion/
Check out more from Quilt Addicts Anonymous …
Online quilt shop: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com
Brick and mortar quilt shop: Quilt Addicts Anonymous, 3416 46th Ave., Suite 103, Rock Island, IL 61201
Music: Christmas Time 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16 and 20 by Gavin Luke from Epidemic Sound.