Inspira Studio furniture designed by sewers for sewers
The world’s largest sewing machine company and ClosetMaid have teamed up to create a furniture collection designed just for sewers.
SVP Worldwide, the makers of Singer, Husqvarna Viking and Pfaff sewing machines, created Inspira Studio to solve the frustrations of sewers making furniture work that was designed for general storage, not craft and sewing rooms, said Tammy Graham Nixon, global product manager for SVP Worldwide.
“One of the key things that came up is, ‘Allow me to get to my projects faster so I can be creative,’ ” said Graham Nixon. “It is very frustrating when they had to go digging. The Inspira Studio is a more efficient way to do their craft or hobby.”
Designed by sewers for sewers, the Inspira Studio furniture pieces include:
- Fabric Cabinet, designed to hold entire bolts or yardage neatly organized on fabric organizer boards
- 3-Drawer Supply Cabinet, designed with a multi-compartment drawer for odd-sized notions, file storage great for patterns and a large open storage area
- An adjustable height activity table for sewing or cutting
- Mobile notions cart so your supplies are always close at hand
- Mobile projects cart filled with protective storage boxes large enough to fit your quilt blocks in
- A Thread Cabinet with doors that close to keep thread dust free and shelves that slide out for easy access
- Mat and Hoop cabinet with vertical storage for all those hard to store large items you don’t need every day
- Compartment cabinet with drawers and bins to store odd-shaped items, stabilizers and other supplies
Graham Nixon said the Inspira Studio furniture pieces were designed to replace sewing organizational hacks sewers and quilters had been using, such as pizza boxes for project storage. The Fabric Cabinet alone is enough to solve most fabric stash nightmares. In the photo shoot for the new furniture line, the cabinet was filled with two-yard cuts of 75 different fabrics. But even stocked with 150 yards of fabric, there was still room to spare.
“I know myself when I go to sew something I had to be searching everywhere,” Graham Nixon said. “I don’t have the most organized room, so I am excited to get some of these into my room and get organized.”
All the pieces of the Inspira Studio furniture collection are modular, which means you can mix and match the sections to fit your sewing space and storage needs. Click here to learn more about the Inspira Studio and find a retailer near you.