Sewing room mood board
This room may not look like much now except a place to store junk. But very soon it will be transformed into my sewing studio/office.
A year ago we had a major storm come through. A tree branch went through the window of our sunroom, the wind whipped through and pushed the wall out. Since the entire room needed to be torn down and rebuilt and the insurance company was footing most of the bill, my husband and I figured we’d finish it as a four-season room.
Having a baby got in the way of finishing the interior of the room, but that turned out to be very good. After nine months of our dining room looking like a quilt shop threw up in it, my husband and I decided the best use of the room is or me to have a dedicated sewing space.
My husband and dad ran HVAC to the room last weekend, which means I can start working on the finishing of the inside now. I’ve already started working on repainting a sewing cabinet using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and scored a hutch on a Craigslist find that will work for holding fabric and as a creative display for the background of videos.
For the decor and functional pieces, I’m going bold with shades of grey and teal. I created a mood board of some of my favorite items that I’m going to incorporate into the studio. The product names and links are below if you think they’re as awesome as I do and want them for yourself.
1. South Shore Crea Collection Pure White Craft Table from Overstock.com
2. Deluxe Padded Ironing Board Cover – Fish Scale Pattern from Target
3. Cottage Decor, Sewing Machine Art Print, Shabby French Country, Teal and Grey, 12 x 12 inch print from loriamckee on Etsy
4. Paris Grey Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan
5. Provence Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan
6. Florence Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan
7. Shaw Harper’s Ferry Tin Roof Outdoor Carpet from Lowes
8. Waverly Strands Jacquard Teal from Fabric.com
9. Heather Wisteria Home Decor Fabric from Hancock Fabrics