March quilting goals: How’d I do
It’s time for the monthly accounting of how much I set out to do verses what I actually accomplished. I had a pretty productive month, although as usual it wasn’t quite as productive as I’d hoped it would be.
Finish nursery sewing
I hoped to make a crib skirt, bobby covers and fabric baskets. None of that happened. The nursery furniture is set up, so that’s one plus. But with just more than 7 weeks until my due date, I still have those final sewing tasks left.
Cloth diaper assembly line
My goal here was to make a dent in the three dozen cloth diapers I need to make before the baby gets here. I ended up finishing them all, a huge accomplishment thanks to good preparation, quilt retreat and about 10 yards of Velcro.
I wanted to make all of the April BOMs except what I need for class demonstration and sample for May. I got a few blocks done, but nowhere near all of them. I think I should be able to finish this task by the end of the week though and be all caught up by the time I teach the April BOM at my local quilt shop on Saturday.
And if you just love this block, be sure to check out the free pattern for this block and all the others in the Quilt Addicts Anonymous 2014 Block of the Month.
Secret quilting project
I did get in one bonus project that wasn’t on my goals. I still can’t share the entire quilt, but I tested out a new quilting design on the long arm for a quilt I was working on. I should be able to share more photos of this next week.