For the seventh Make of Christmas we have a guest! Courtney Walters, the knitting instructor at our brick and mortar shop, came up with a fabulous, reusable fabric Christmas wrap idea.
This project is environmentally friendly, will save you money each holiday and will ensure the bottom of your tree looks absolutely fabulous. You can easily wrap small gifts with a set of fat quarters, and create adorable tied packages with yardage.
Courtney will walk you through how to square up your fabric, hem the edges with mitered corners and wrap the gifts up using ribbon or Furoshiki Japanese fabric wrapping techniques.
– 15 to 30 minutes per fabric wrap
– Fat quarter bundles for small gifts: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/fabric/pre-cuts-and-bundles/fat-quarter-bundles/?orderby=date
– 1 1/4 yards each for larger packages: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/fabric/order-by-the-yard/?orderby=date
– Here are some fabrics we thought would make great Fabric Christmas Wrap: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-tag/holiday-fabric-wrap/?orderby=date
– Thread: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/notions/thread/?orderby=popularity
– Spray Starch: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/notions/spray-starch/
– Flat Flower Pins: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/flat-flower-pins-pink-2/
– Ironing Board: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/cutting-mat-quilters-cut-n-press-i-teal-11in-x-11in/
– Sewing Machine