In this Stashin’ with Stephanie video, I show you how to take a fat quarter bundle and turn it into a fun NO Y-Seam star quilt.
I walk you through how to cut 60 degree diamonds and triangles from your fat quarters, sew them together with no fuss at all and pin to get perfect points every time.
This pattern is easily customizable, since two fat quarters with make two blocks. So the pattern includes fabric requirements and cutting instructions for lap, twin, full and queen sized versions of this quilt. I made a full-sized version using 20 fat quarters for this video.
I used Gypsy, by Jessica VanDenburgh for Windham Fabrics for this quilt.
Sign up for Stashin’ with Stephanie: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/stashin
Supplies we used:
- Starburst Pattern: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/starbust-pdf-download/
- Starburst Full Sized Quilt Kit: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/starbust-quilt-kit/
- Gypsy by Jessica VanDenburgh for Windham Fabrics: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/fabric/windham-fabrics/gypsy/
- Clearview Triangle Ruler: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/clearview-triangle-8/
- Flat Flower Pins: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/flat-flower-pins-pink-2/
- Cutting Mat Quilter’s Cut n’ Press: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/cutting-mat-quilters-cut-n-press-i-teal-11in-x-11in/
- Olfa Deluxe 45MM Ergo Rotary Cutter: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/deluxe-45mm-ergo-rotary-cutter/
- Frixion Gel Pens: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-tag/frixion/