Finishing your quilts on your home sewing machine with beautiful results is absolutely possible with rulers! We’ve already done a video on using rulers on your longarm to create beautiful, precise straight lines, now we’re showing you how to get started on your domestic sewing machine.
I love rulerwork quilting because it makes me look better than I am. When you use them, your ruler foot is always in contact with the side of the ruler, which means you can get perfectly precise straight lines and curves every time.
In this video I show you the tools you need to get started and give you a few exercises you can try on a fat quarter quilt sandwich to get the hang of rulerwork before you give it a go on your quilt.
Supplies we used:
- Ruler foot: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-tag/ruler-foot/
- Slim Creative Grids Machine Quilting Tool: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/creative-grids-machine-quilting-tool-slim/
- Elvira Creative Grids Machine Quilting Tool: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/elvira-creative-grids-machine-quilting-tool/
- Other rulers that can be used for rulerwork: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/notions/ruler-work/
- Frixion Gel Pen: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-tag/frixion/