When I started quilting 10 years ago quilting magazines were my lifeblood. I learned so much from the pages of magazines and they were the source of my inspiration.
I learned how to make triangles from squares, paper piece, sew curved seams. If I liked the pattern in the magazine and felt challenged by it, I made the quilt king size and mastered the technique by the time the top was finished.
So I am so excited to now have my first pattern featured in a magazine, the fall 2018 issue of Quilts and More. This isn’t new news to me. I have known this was going to happen since shortly after Fall Quilt Market 2017. But it takes a long time between the point when your quilt is approved, made, submitted, photographed, pattern edited and then finally printed. So I can finally share the quilt with you all!
The pattern, Line It Up, is a fabulous pattern for someone wanting to learn how to paper piece for the first time. There are just three seams and none of them intersect. I made a video to go with the pattern so that if you are new to paper piecing, you can have a visual teaching you how to make this block.
I go over the supplies you need, how to layer the fabric under the paper, sew on the lines, trim your seams and how to pin so you have perfect joins every time.
And if you love the way this quilt looks, we have quilt kits available as well using Laurel Burch fabrics from Clothworks! Just click on the links below to get everything you need to make this quilt!
Supplies we used:
- Line It Up pattern in the Fall 2018 Quilts and More magazine: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/quilts-and-more-fall-2018/
- Line It Up quilt kit: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/line-it-up-quilt-kit/
- Carol Doak Foundation Paper: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/carol-doak-foundatn-papr-8-5×11/
- Add-A-Quarter Ruler: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/add-a-quarter-ruler-12-inch/
- June Tailor Cut ‘N Press: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/cutting-mat-quilters-cut-n-press-i-teal-11in-x-11in/
- Flat Flower Pins: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/flat-flower-pins-pink-2/