Learn how to sew spray starch appliqué!
Stephanie Soebbing of Quilt Addicts Anonymous walks you through how to prepare your templates, apply spray starch to the edge of your pieces and set them in place with an iron. Then she walks you through how to attach the appliqué pieces to your background square using an invisible stitch and matching thread.
This is Stephanie’s favorite appliqué method for special projects that are meant to be cherished, or when she wants a fun portable project. Just prep your pieces ahead of time and take the tiny pieces with you.
Today’s project features the Butterfly Boutique pattern by Appliqué After Hours by Angela Lawrence: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/butterfly-boutique-pattern-by-angela-lawrence-for-applique-after-hours/
– Assorted fabric scraps
– Mary Ellen’s Best Press: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/best-press-spray-starch-scent-free-16-oz/
– Craft paint brush
– Butterfly Boutique by Angela Lawrence: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/butterfly-boutique-pattern-by-angela-lawrence-for-applique-after-hours/
– Applique Needles: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/gold-eye-applique-needle-9-2/
– Aurifil Thread to blend with your fabrics: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/notions/thread/
– Frixion Gel Pen: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-tag/frixion/
– Chalk marking tool: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/sewline-fabric-mechanical-pencil-white/
– Pins: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/super-fine-0-50mm-ibc-glass-head-silk-pins/
– Easy Action Micro Tip Scissors: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/easy-action-microtip-scissor-5/
– Pressing Mat: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/cutting-mat-quilters-cut-n-press-i-teal-11in-x-11in/
Learn how to do Fusible Applique: https://youtu.be/z3OF32lNMws