In this Stashin’ with Stephanie video, I show you how to take a fat quarter bundle and turn it into a fabulous modernized version of the traditional Trip Around the World Quilt.
To make the quilt you just strip piece your fabrics into a large tube and then cut them apart to create the “around the world” part of the quilt. Then by picking seams in a specific order, you get a cool look of the fabrics spreading out across the quilt.
To make it modern, instead of having the fabrics fan out from the center of the quilt, it will fan out from the top left corner.
I used Alison Glass Road Trip for this quilt.
The quilt finishes 52″ x 78″.
Sign up for Stashin’ with Stephanie: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/stashin
Supplies we used:
- Modern Trip Around the World Pattern: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/modern-trip-around-the-world/
- Alison Glass Road Trip Fat Quarter Bundle: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/road-trip-fat-quarter-bundle-by-alison-glass-for-andover-fabrics/
- Flat Flower Pins: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/flat-flower-pins-pink-2/
- Cutting Mat Quilter’s Cut n’ Press: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/cutting-mat-quilters-cut-n-press-i-teal-11in-x-11in/
- Olfa Deluxe 45MM Ergo Rotary Cutter: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/deluxe-45mm-ergo-rotary-cutter/