Make sure to download the FREE pattern to go with this class and get a 20% OFF coupon in your email you can use on all your supplies. Click here to get the FREE pattern and coupon: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/split-nine-patch-free-beginner-quilting-video-series-pattern/
For years I was afraid of sewing continuous binding. The results are amazing. You can’t tell where you started or stopped your binding, which means no lumps or bumps where you tucked in extra fabric. But if you screw it up, OMG you have to start completely over.
But when I tried it for the first time I realized that continuous binding is actually pretty simple and nearly impossible to screw up. You just have to be able to measure and cut accurately, something we all should be a pro at by now.
We cover a ton in this video tutorial. I show you:
– How to sew your binding strips together
– Fold and press them in half
– Tips for managing a big long strip of fabric
– How to sew the binding to the top of your quilt using a walking foot and maintaining a quarter-inch seam
– How to sew mitered corners into your binding
– How to attach your ends for continuous binding
– How to trim your quilt top
– How to sew your binding to the quilt back using an invisible stitch
– How to tie a quilting knot
– How to tack down your mitered corners
This is a long one, so I suggest making note of the parts you think you may need to see again the next time you bind and writing the time codes down so you can skip straight to them.
And even though our quilt will be done after this video, we still have one video left in this series where I will show you how to make a quilt label and talk about how to care for your quilt.
So congratulations! You have made a quilt, but come back for one more video tomorrow!
Get your FREE pattern and 20% OFF Coupon: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/split-nine-patch-free-beginner-quilting-video-series-pattern/
Get a quilt kit for this pattern: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/beginner-quilting/quilt-kits-beginner-quilting/?orderby=date
Check out more from Quilt Addicts Anonymous …
Online quilt shop: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com
Brick and mortar quilt shop: Quilt Addicts Anonymous, 3416 46th Ave., Suite 103, Rock Island, IL 61201
Music: Be Happy from from Audio Jungle