I just love Quilt-As-You-Go Placemats. I have so many that I have created using my favorite 2 1/2-inch strip rolls. I just love how each one turns out a little different, but they all are clearly part of one set showing off the fabrics from your favorite line.
And the best part, because this is Quilt-As-You-Go, when you are done sewing, you are also done quilting and you just have to bind your placemat!
But when I saw Tula Pink’s De La Luna I knew I had to also make these placemats double sided and use all three colorways of Day of the Dead painted faces from the line on one side and the strip roll on the other.
In today’s video I show you how to cut your strips quickly, make double-sided placemats using the quilt-as-you-go method and give you a FREE pattern so you can do this yourself.
Supplies I used:
– Quilt-As-You-Go Placemat FREE pattern by Quilt Addicts Anonymous: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/quilt-as-you-go-placemats-free-pattern/
– One jellyroll: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/fabric/pre-cuts-and-bundles/jelly-rolls/?orderby=date
– 1 1/2 yard backing fabric (more if you want to make them double sided and center fabric designs on the back side: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/fabric/order-by-the-yard/?orderby=date
– Aurifil thread to match your backing fabric: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/notions/thread/
(I used color #2692: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/aurifil-thread-50wt-1300m-2692-2/)
– Here’s a link to the Tula Pink De La Luna fabric. If you get a 404 error, it means we are sold out, but there is plenty at the time this video is published: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-tag/de-la-luna/
– Cutting Mat Quilter’s Cut ‘n Press I Teal 11in x 11in – https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/cutting-mat-quilters-cut-n-press-i-teal-11in-x-11in/
– Olfa Deluxe 45MM Ergo Rotary Cutter – https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/deluxe-45mm-ergo-rotary-cutter/
Watch a video on how to bind your quilt with continuous binding: https://www.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/2018/06/continuous-binding-tutorial-mitered-corners-free-beginner-quilting-videos-and-pattern/
Watch more Quilt Addicts Anonymous original pattern video tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-noqoeaGWzZiN5KzlBf1U7G9H-yURznT
Check out more from Quilt Addicts Anonymous …
Online quilt shop: shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com
Brick and mortar quilt shop: Quilt Addicts Anonymous, 1232 30th St., Rock Island, IL 61201
Music: All the Lovers (Instrumental Version) by Martin Hall, Better Days (Instrumental Version) by Tellow, Creeping Under My Skin (Instrumental Version) by Daniel Gunnarsson, Dynamite Castle (Instrumental Version) by Sebastian Forslund, For the Weekend (Instrumental Version) by Sebastian Forslund, Last to Know (Instrumental Version) by Martin Hall, Midnight Radio (Instrumental Version) by Cacti, Play (Instrumental Version) by Sebastian Forslund from Epidemic Sound.