Wild Swirls is a great skill builder stencil. It is a combination of swirls and swoops that is perfect to try once you feel like you have the basic swirl down and want to try something fancier.
Its organic shape can look like fire on a hot orange, yellow or red quilt, or like leaves on a floral quilt. And its beautiful design is pretty enough to stand out on its own in negative space on your quilt, or to create fabulous texture as an all over design on a busy quilt.
Check out today’s video to see how easy it is to quilt the Wild Swirls all-over design. Plus I go over how to fill and prime your Pounce Pad so the chalk shows up clearly and how to use your iron to make the Ultimate White Chalk go away!
Watch more Quilt Addicts Anonymous free motion quilting videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-noqoeaGWzaWP9mjboFYxJmVzWdO2Fzx
Supplies we used:
- Pounce Pad: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-tag/quilt-pounce-pad/?orderby=date
- Full Line Stencil Wild Swirls #60028: https://fulllinestencil.com/product/60028-wild-swirls/
- Machingers Quilting Gloves: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-tag/machingers/
- Free motion or darning foot: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product/darners-foot-low-shank/
- Test fat quarter sandwiches
- Aurifil 50 WT thread in contrasting color to your fabric: https://shop.quiltaddictsanonymous.com/product-category/notions/thread/