Learn to quilt or improve your skills with our new, completely FREE video tutorial series
I have been wanting to make this announcement forever and I am so excited now that we are finally ready to release our new, completely FREE Beginner Quilting video tutorial series.
This series has been in the works for months as I wrote an simple, beginner-friendly split nine patch pattern and filmed more than four hours of FREE instructional videos that you can watch as many times as you want to learn new, or improve your quilting skills.
This is the video tutorial series I wish I would have had when I was a new quilter 11 years ago when I sewed perfectly consistent 3/8-inch seams for a year-and-a-half because I didn’t know the standard presser foot that came with my machine wasn’t a quarter-inch foot.
These videos are in-depth, HD video tutorials with three different camera angles so you always have the best view of the technique. It is basically the same as taking a class from me in person. We cover:
- The stuff you need
- How to read a quilt pattern
- Fabric substrates and the difference between fabric sold at big box stores vs. quilt shop quality cottons
- How to cut your fabric with a rotary cutter
- Three ways to sew an accurate quarter-inch seam
- How to make a split nine patch block
- How to chain piece
- How to assemble a quilt top
- How to layer and baste your quilt top on you own sewing machine
- How to quilt on your home sewing machine using a walking foot
- How to do continuous binding
- How to care for your quilt so it lasts for generations
Even if you have been quilting for a long time, it is worth watching because you may learn a new way of doing something that improves or speeds up your quilting. Starting today we will be releasing a new video every day at 5 p.m. CST until all the video are up.
In addition to all the FREE videos, and FREE pattern, we also will send you an exclusive coupon code for 20% OFF EVERYTHING we used in the video tutorials. That includes all the must have quilting supplies and all of our in-stock QT Fabrics, since they are the sponsor of this series.
Just click here to download your FREE pattern, and we’ll send you an email with the pattern, your coupon and the first video in the series.
Other videos in the series:
- Must Have Quilting Supplies and Tools
- How to Read a Quilt Pattern
- What’s the Difference??? Quilt Shop Quality vs. Chain Store Fabric
- How to Use a Rotary Cutter
- 3 Ways to Sew a Perfect Quarter-Inch Seam
- How to Sew a Split Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Speed Up Your Sewing by Chain Piecing Your Quilt Blocks
- How to Assemble a Quilt Top
- How to Layer and Baste a Quilt aka Make the Quilt Sandwich
Great info. Lucky me I found your website by chance (stumbleupon).
I have book marked it for later!
I appreciate, result in I found just what I was looking for.
You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.
I have to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site.
I am hoping to view the same high-grade content from you
later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired
me to get my own blog now 😉